Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I Need HELP with "IF" "THEN" I think????

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

=H10*CHOOSE(E10+1,1,0.15,0.22,0.5)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You's are very good here!!!! Yes It did!!! I like that!!! Thank you so
much!!!! I see there are different ways to do this also as topper has shown.
Thanks for the help!!!
Joe

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

=H10*CHOOSE(E10+1,1,0.15,0.22,0.5)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You's are very good here!!!! Yes It did help!!! I like that. Thank you so
much!!!! I see there are different ways to do this also as Ron has shown.
Thanks for the help!!!

So is it possable to make the Total Cell color change automaticly to red
when a # is entered into the e10 cell?

Joe

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're very welcome.....Glad to help.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9721" wrote:

You's are very good here!!!! Yes It did!!! I like that!!! Thank you so
much!!!! I see there are different ways to do this also as topper has shown.
Thanks for the help!!!
Joe

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

=H10*CHOOSE(E10+1,1,0.15,0.22,0.5)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

select Total cells

Format=Conditional formatting

Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(E10) ("=" required)

Pattern- select RED

OK.

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron...
I am having a little trouble with (I10) when nothing is entered into (E10)
I get (H10)'s total. Can that be removed?
Joe

"j5b9721" wrote:

You's are very good here!!!! Yes It did!!! I like that!!! Thank you so
much!!!! I see there are different ways to do this also as topper has shown.
Thanks for the help!!!
Joe

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

=H10*CHOOSE(E10+1,1,0.15,0.22,0.5)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps something like this:

=H10*CHOOSE(E10+1,0,0.15,0.22,0.5)

or this.....
=IF(E10,H10*CHOOSE(E10,0.15,0.22,0.5),"")

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9721" wrote:

You's are very good here!!!! Yes It did!!! I like that!!! Thank you so
much!!!! I see there are different ways to do this also as topper has shown.
Thanks for the help!!!
Joe

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

=H10*CHOOSE(E10+1,1,0.15,0.22,0.5)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"j5b9" wrote:

I hope some one can help me... I'm been trying to get this to work for 5 days
now!!! HELP!!!! LOL

I need a formula that I copy and paste into a cell down a spread sheet Not
using a macro or pivot table. I dont know how to set them up.

In a cell (E10 is a Diffulicty factor) I need to enter (Nothing,1, 2, or 3)
Nothing entered is = No change to any cells
1 is to .15 % increase
2 is to = .22 %
3 is to = .5 %

Then a cell that will take that % and Multiply another cell into a 3rd cell.

E10*H10 = I10 total

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I do think that will work...
I hope!!! I take them out for a test drive!!!
Thanks again!!!
Joe

"j5b9721" wrote:

You's are very good here!!!! Yes It did!!! I like that!!! Thank you so
much!!!! I see there are different ways to do this also as topper has shown.
Thanks for the help!!!
Joe

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this: