Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel libs/Runtime for .NET

Hi,

I would like to develop .NET app that references Excal 2003 libs on machine
which does not have Excel 2003 installed.
Where can I get these libs? Maybe somehwrw exist Excel runtime or so?

Thanx a lot.

Arunas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Arunas

There is no Excel runtime and you cannot automate the viewer. Maybe you
could do something in asp.Net that 'mimics' Excel? But the answer to your
question is users must have Excel on their machine.

Sharepoint Server 2007 has Excel services, which can then render workbooks,
sheets, charts and cells in a browser but I don't think that will help you
much.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge