Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default samples

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You obviously want this work in a different way: can you post your w/book to
me as it is impossible to advise you without understanding clearly what you
are doing different?

In the original example, the whole of Input form has to be filled, so you
cannot only fill columns A & B. Are you saying you only want to enter the
"Entry Date" & "Person" once?

toppers <at johntopley.fsnet.co.uk

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Toppers,
I mean if i entered 2 row values for "Entered" & "Entered By" and leave
empty for "Part", "Location" , "Qty", "Price", "Total" in [sheet PartsData]

then inside sheet [Input], i entered all fields right, the data capture
inside sheet [PartsData] will fall on row number 3 instead of 1.

Thanks.. hope u understand.

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Not too sure what you are saying here.
Row 1 of parts data is a header row.
The first entry occurs on row 2.
Are you saying you want to manually enter onto that sheet a value for
Entered e.g 22/06/2007 and a value for Entered by e.g. Roger?
If you do this, and put those values in E2 and F2, then, when you use
the form to enter the parts, that will fill in the data in cells A2:D2.
Debra's code, counts the number of entries in column A, and places the
values from the form on the next line number.
If you put your entries in A2 and A3, then the code will automatically
put the next set of values from the form in A4:D4.

Doing this, would, of course, ruin your data base, as you would have
names and dates mixed in with part numbers in column A.

You would be better modifying the form to add 2 extra fields for Entered
and Entered by, then modifying the on-click even for the form to place
those values in columns E and F.

If this is what you want to do, and you don't know how to do it for
yourself, send me an email direct, and I will mail back an amended
workbook to do this. To mail me direct, remove NOSPAM from my email
address.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be
inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Roger,
You'r right.
It is something like:
Row 1 of partsData is a header row.
The first entry occurs on row 2.
When i manually enter onto that sheet a value for
Entered e.g 22/06/2007 and a value for Entered by e.g. Roger?
If i do this, and go back to Input worksheet to enter the forms.
The next value will be capture at cells A3:G3
or C4:C5 (if i dont have the date & entered by coding)

Thanks!

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be
inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The application is designed to AUTOMATICALLY fill in the ENTERED and ENTERED
BY fields: it is not intended that you enter these manually.

When you fill in the INPUT form, it uses the Username i.e.person using Excel
and the system date (TODAY()) to fill the ENTERED & ENTERED BY fields for
each row.

Why would (do) you want to change this?

"kyoshirou" wrote:

Hi Roger,
You'r right.
It is something like:

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be
inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Toppers for your feedback.
I would like to modify some parts of the coding.
For example, advance filling in the ENTERED and ENTERED BY administrators.
Is is possible? How should i proceed~

"Toppers" wrote:

The application is designed to AUTOMATICALLY fill in the ENTERED and ENTERED
BY fields: it is not intended that you enter these manually.

When you fill in the INPUT form, it uses the Username i.e.person using Excel
and the system date (TODAY()) to fill the ENTERED & ENTERED BY fields for
each row.

Why would (do) you want to change this?

"kyoshirou" wrote:

Hi Roger,
You'r right.
It is something like:

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be
inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One possibilty is to have the ENTERED and ENTERED BY fields on the INPUT
form. The code checks these are entered initially BUT retains these entries
(not cleared) which can then be overtyped.

The ENTERED BY (administrator) could also use Data Validation i.e. is a
pre-defined list of administrators.

Is there any reason why ENTERED (the date) could not be retained as it is
i.e. the system date?

"Toppers" wrote:

The application is designed to AUTOMATICALLY fill in the ENTERED and ENTERED
BY fields: it is not intended that you enter these manually.

When you fill in the INPUT form, it uses the Username i.e.person using Excel
and the system date (TODAY()) to fill the ENTERED & ENTERED BY fields for
each row.

Why would (do) you want to change this?

"kyoshirou" wrote:

Hi Roger,
You'r right.
It is something like:

"kyoshirou" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

i have realised that the sample above have some limit.
for example, if inside PartsData sheet, A2 and B2 has been filled,
and i go to Input sheet to insert new data, the newly data will be
inserted
at A3 and B3.
Why is it so? How can i modify it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Toppers,

How should i do that?
Let me try and see how it can helps me anot..
Thanks!

"Toppers" wrote:

The application is designed to AUTOMATICALLY fill in the ENTERED and ENTERED
BY fields: it is not intended that you enter these manually.

When you fill in the INPUT form, it uses the Username i.e.person using Excel
and the system date (TODAY()) to fill the ENTERED & ENTERED BY fields for
each row.

Why would (do) you want to change this?

"kyoshirou" wrote:

Hi Roger,