Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Make a file not capable of copying

I have a worksheet with prices that I don't want customers to copy from and
make their own pricing. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Afraid not. Excel is a very insecure environment.

--
Jim
"stetka" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with prices that I don't want customers to copy from
and
make their own pricing. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add a macro that pops up a message when the workbook opens:

Sub Auto_Open()
MsgBox "Do Not Copy!", vbInformation, "Disclamer"
End Sub

But that depends on the user enabling macros.

Another option is a new worksheet with your disclamer, which you make the
active worksheet when you save it. Granted users can later save the
workbook with another sheet active but you know they will see it the first
time at least.

--
Jim