Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Recovery

Suddenly, somehow my excel and word programs can't be found on my pc. How can
I recover them or do I need to do a reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose my
data files and spreadsheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Re-installing Excel\Word won't bring back your files and If they both work Ok
then is unlikely to be helpful at all.

From your desktop try:-

Start|search|for files and folders|all files and folders| *.xls

make sure the drive is set to your local drive.

This should find all Excel files and if it doesn't and they aren't backed up
on another drive then may I recommend vodka and a darkened room.

Mike

Try:-

"kellyws" wrote:

Suddenly, somehow my excel and word programs can't be found on my pc. How can
I recover them or do I need to do a reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose my
data files and spreadsheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Mike and thanks for your response and yes vodka and a very very dark
room; however, I may not have posed my question accurately. It seems all my
spreadsheets are still in place but I can not access them because the entire
excel and word programs or applications are gone. As if they have never been
there. Now where is that room.
"Mike H" wrote:

Re-installing Excel\Word won't bring back your files and If they both work Ok
then is unlikely to be helpful at all.

From your desktop try:-

"kellyws" wrote:

Suddenly, somehow my excel and word programs can't be found on my pc. How can
I recover them or do I need to do a reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose my
data files and spreadsheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the applications gone or just the shortcuts to them?

Have you searched for "excel.exe" or gone to StartRun and entered "excel.exe"
and OK?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Mike H" wrote:

Re-installing Excel\Word won't bring back your files and If they both work Ok
then is unlikely to be helpful at all.

From your desktop try:-

"kellyws" wrote:

Suddenly, somehow my excel and word programs can't be found on my pc. How can
I recover them or do I need to do a reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose my
data files and spreadsheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think the applications may be gone because I have tried to download
upgrades, add-ins anything, security patches, Office Pro, anything that might
stick but each time I get the a message stating the expected software was not
found. But I am now going to try your suggestions with ecxel.exe. Thanks and
I will let you know as things go along.

"Mike H" wrote:

Re-installing Excel\Word won't bring back your files and If they both work Ok
then is unlikely to be helpful at all.

From your desktop try:-