Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default modifyA

i am exploring this http://www.contextures.com/xlForm02.html

would like to improve further on...

I have realised if column A1, B1,C1 has been entered,
The forumula will auto got to D2,E2,F2.
Therefore, i would like to ask how do i prevent the new data goes to D2,D3,D4.
By right, it should go to D1,E1,F1.

With historyWks
With .Cells(nextRow, "AM")
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"
End With
.Cells(nextRow, "AN").Value = Application.UserName
oCol = 4
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
historyWks.Cells(nextRow, oCol).Value = myCell.Value
oCol = oCol + 1
Next myCell
End With

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand your question: A1,B1,C1 are headings in "PartsData"(?) and
D,E,F are Location, Quantity and Price (?) in same sheet.

Why does (should) data in D2,D3,D4 go to D1,E1 and F1?

All date entered in the "Input" sheet goes to the next empty line in the
"PartsData" sheet so I am confused!

Perhaps an example of your data would help.

"kyoshirou" wrote:

i am exploring this http://www.contextures.com/xlForm02.html

would like to improve further on...

I have realised if column A1, B1,C1 has been entered,
The forumula will auto got to D2,E2,F2.
Therefore, i would like to ask how do i prevent the new data goes to D2,D3,D4.
By right, it should go to D1,E1,F1.

With historyWks
With .Cells(nextRow, "AM")
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"
End With
.Cells(nextRow, "AN").Value = Application.UserName
oCol = 4
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
historyWks.Cells(nextRow, oCol).Value = myCell.Value
oCol = oCol + 1
Next myCell
End With

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With historyWks
With .Cells(nextRow, "AM")
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"
End With
.Cells(nextRow, "AN").Value = Application.UserName
oCol = 4
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
historyWks.Cells(nextRow, oCol).Value = myCell.Value
oCol = oCol + 1
Next myCell
End With

as the code oCol = 4,
it will start on column D1 right?

But if i have some values on A1,B1,C1,
The next value added will be inside D2,E2,F2 (If i entered 3 cells)
Why it should not fall at D1,E1,F1?

"kyoshirou" wrote:

i am exploring this http://www.contextures.com/xlForm02.html

would like to improve further on...

I have realised if column A1, B1,C1 has been entered,
The forumula will auto got to D2,E2,F2.
Therefore, i would like to ask how do i prevent the new data goes to D2,D3,D4.
By right, it should go to D1,E1,F1.

With historyWks
With .Cells(nextRow, "AM")
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"
End With
.Cells(nextRow, "AN").Value = Application.UserName
oCol = 4
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
historyWks.Cells(nextRow, oCol).Value = myCell.Value
oCol = oCol + 1
Next myCell
End With

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For one set of input ALL data will be in row "Nextrow" and Nextrow is (or
should be) 2 to start (as row 1 are headings) so A1,B1 & C1 should not have
data in them.

I see you have changed columns "A" and "B" to "AM" and "AN" so what is now
in columns A & B?

Send w/book to toppers <at johntopley.fsnet .co.uk