Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel copies as a bitmap

I am running Office Pro 2000 under Windows XP and when I copy anything in
Excel and then got to Word and try and do a Paste Special, the Paste Link
option is greyed out and the only options I have to choose from are Bitmap or
Device Independant Bitmap. This seems to imply that the copy within Excel has
copied it as a picture. I have checked all the settings and done a Detect and
Repair but cannot find anything obvious.