Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Field Lookup

Is it possible to type a value in a cell that would then be referenced by a
field in a pivot table and then lookup and select that value instead of using
the drop down box and having to search through the entire list to find the
value necessary. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I posted you a reply to your original question at 17:35 yesterday

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Josh Johansen" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to type a value in a cell that would then be referenced
by a
field in a pivot table and then lookup and select that value instead
of using
the drop down box and having to search through the entire list to find
the
value necessary. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

roger, I appologize, somehow I marked that question answered and so I was
filtering it out, I appologize. Thanks for the previous answer, I am going
to work on it now, sorry for the inconvenience.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

I posted you a reply to your original question at 17:35 yesterday

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Josh Johansen" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to type a value in a cell that would then be referenced
by a
field in a pivot table and then lookup and select that value instead
of using
the drop down box and having to search through the entire list to find
the
value necessary. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger, I copied the program you left yesterday and nothing happened. The
field I am attempting to use is actually a page selection, but I moved it
down into a row area and tried the same thing and nothing happened. I am
using F1 as the cell to type in the value I would like the pivot table field
to select, i didnt change the pivot table field, and I did change the pivot
table field name to the same as the one I am trying to change. I am not sure
what I have done wrong.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

I posted you a reply to your original question at 17:35 yesterday

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Josh Johansen" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to type a value in a cell that would then be referenced
by a
field in a pivot table and then lookup and select that value instead
of using
the drop down box and having to search through the entire list to find
the
value necessary. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Josh

Where did you paste the code?
It is Worksheet_Change event and must be pasted onto the Sheet with the
PT, not into a module that has been inserted in the workbook.

Also, you may have got through to the point of
Application.EnableEvents = False

and crashed.

In the immediate Windows of the VBE type
Application.EnableEvents = True and press Enter

It worked fine for me when I tested it.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Josh Johansen" wrote in
message ...

"Roger Govier" wrote:

I posted you a reply to your original question at 17:35 yesterday

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Josh Johansen" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to type a value in a cell that would then be
referenced
by a
field in a pivot table and then lookup and select that value
instead
of using
the drop down box and having to search through the entire list to
find
the
value necessary. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I pasted the code by right clicking on the sheet with the PT and going to
view code. I am getting the following error:

Run-time error '1004':

Unable to set the Visible property of the PivotItem class

also I am not sure what you mean by in the immediate windows of the VBE type
Application.EnableEvents = True and press Enter

Is it not working because I have a command button and a popup calander
running on the same sheet?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

I posted you a reply to your original question at 17:35 yesterday

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Josh Johansen" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to type a value in a cell that would then be
referenced
by a
field in a pivot table and then lookup and select that value
instead
of using
the drop down box and having to search through the entire list to
find
the
value necessary. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

when i go to bebug, it highlights the pi.Visible = True row, here is
everything after that.

pi.Visible = True
Next
For Each pi In pf.PivotItems