Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Highlighted Cell Calculation

I am reading all of these help items trying to find out how to do what I want
to do, and I am wondering if the following is possible:

Job Status No. Job Hours Date
PLANNED 1234 2 blank
PLANNED 1235 6 6/25
PLANNED 1236 4 6/25
PLANNED 1237 3 blank

These are just a few of the columns in my pivot table. I have already
generated a calculation to add up all of the hours scheduled for the 25th.
What I need to do now is allow a user to somehow pick what jobs they would
like to be scheduled for the 25th or any other day, and then relay that
information to another individual who actually inputs that information into
the schedule. What I have developed right now is that a user would highlight
the date for the job they want to schedule, for instance they would highlight
the first blank a certain color that stands for monday, copy and email this
to the individual who actually schedules it. I am not sure if there an
easier way, but my question is, is it possible to develop a formula that will
see they highlighted that cell in the pivot table, and automatically add the
number of hours in that job to the monday total I already have collected so
they can see when that day is full. I appologize if this is confusing, I
have been working on this for a month and trying so many different ways to
get it to work smoothly. Thank you so much for any help.