Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert rows greyed out possible reasons?

Ordinary spreadsheet - using it as a address book name address etx
I was able to use Insert rows once however never again. Every time I go to
use the function its greyed out whether I use the icon bar or the right click
way. I have highlighted cell and tried. I have highlighted row and tried.
I am baffled.

Also where the heck is the Old "File" function

Using Vista and Excell 2007 In Windows Office
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like the Worksheet/workbook is protected.
Try:

Tools-Protection-Unprotect...

HTH,
Paul

"Mysticmuse" wrote in message
Ordinary spreadsheet - using it as a address book name address etx
I was able to use Insert rows once however never again. Every time I go
use the function its greyed out whether I use the icon bar or the right
click
way. I have highlighted cell and tried. I have highlighted row and
tried.
I am baffled.

Also where the heck is the Old "File" function

Using Vista and Excell 2007 In Windows Office

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Possibly either a protected worksheet or a filter has been applied to the
worksheet.

try Data-Filter-Show All and then see if you can insert rows

--
Rich

"Mysticmuse" wrote:

Ordinary spreadsheet - using it as a address book name address etx
I was able to use Insert rows once however never again. Every time I go to
use the function its greyed out whether I use the icon bar or the right click
way. I have highlighted cell and tried. I have highlighted row and tried.
I am baffled.

Also where the heck is the Old "File" function

Using Vista and Excell 2007 In Windows Office

Junior Member

Post 5 Reasons for greyed out

Hi,
I cam across similar situation in terms of insert button and identified 5 reasons that could be the probable reason.

detailed Information is available in the below website with how to resolve it.

Excel Insert Button Greyed Out? 5 Solutions (with Images)

Thanks