Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible to...

I have a pivot table that shows 8000 maintenance items, some have a scheduled
day, some do not. What I would like to be able to do is either type in a day
to schedule an item that is not scheduled so I can then add that to a
calculation I already have for hours scheduled for that day. I have written
formulas refrencing the source data sheet to calculate how many hours are
already scheduled for a certain day, but because typing in any blank cells
change all of the blank cells, I can not figure out a way a person could type
a date they want to schedule an unscheduled item so I can then add it to the
total. Another idea was to have a drop down box next to each item and a
formula attatched to that box so if monday was selected, that jobs hours
would then be added to whatever monday's total was. Thanks.