Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula formatting

I am using the following formula to compare a range of cells for dates and to
return a high and low date in one cell.
=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")

My question is this: what do I use in place of mm/dd/yy formatting if I
want to compare a range of cells for a high & low number and want the
information returned to be a number rather than date?

Where can I see a list of valid formatting options (i.e. %, text, date,
accounting, $$, etc..)

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MIN($B9:$IV9)&"to "&MAX($B9:$IV9)

--
HTH

Bob

"pulling my hair out" wrote in
message ...
I am using the following formula to compare a range of cells for dates and
return a high and low date in one cell.
=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")

My question is this: what do I use in place of mm/dd/yy formatting if I
want to compare a range of cells for a high & low number and want the
information returned to be a number rather than date?

Where can I see a list of valid formatting options (i.e. %, text, date,
accounting, $$, etc..)

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"0")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"0")

or, more sophisticated:

=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"#,##0.00")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"#,##0.00")

Regards

Trevor

"pulling my hair out" wrote in
message ...
I am using the following formula to compare a range of cells for dates and
return a high and low date in one cell.
=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")

My question is this: what do I use in place of mm/dd/yy formatting if I
want to compare a range of cells for a high & low number and want the
information returned to be a number rather than date?

Where can I see a list of valid formatting options (i.e. %, text, date,
accounting, $$, etc..)

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you for your help!!! One other question:

Is there a way to have a workbook cell enter the current month based on the
current month from the system date? I don't need complete date, just month.

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

MIN($B9:$IV9)&"to "&MAX($B9:$IV9)

--
HTH

Bob

"pulling my hair out" wrote in
message ...
I am using the following formula to compare a range of cells for dates and
return a high and low date in one cell.
=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")

My question is this: what do I use in place of mm/dd/yy formatting if I
want to compare a range of cells for a high & low number and want the
information returned to be a number rather than date?

Where can I see a list of valid formatting options (i.e. %, text, date,
accounting, $$, etc..)

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=text(today(),"mmmm")
will spell out the month.

=month(today())
will give 1 to 12

pulling my hair out wrote:

thank you for your help!!! One other question:

Is there a way to have a workbook cell enter the current month based on the
current month from the system date? I don't need complete date, just month.

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

MIN($B9:$IV9)&"to "&MAX($B9:$IV9)

--
HTH

Bob

"pulling my hair out" wrote in
message ...
I am using the following formula to compare a range of cells for dates and
return a high and low date in one cell.
=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")

My question is this: what do I use in place of mm/dd/yy formatting if I
want to compare a range of cells for a high & low number and want the
information returned to be a number rather than date?

Where can I see a list of valid formatting options (i.e. %, text, date,
accounting, $$, etc..)

Thanks!!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=text(today(),"mmmm")
will spell out the month.

=month(today())
will give 1 to 12

pulling my hair out wrote:

thank you for your help!!! One other question:

Is there a way to have a workbook cell enter the current month based on the
current month from the system date? I don't need complete date, just month.

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

MIN($B9:$IV9)&"to "&MAX($B9:$IV9)

--
HTH

Bob

"pulling my hair out" wrote in
message ...
I am using the following formula to compare a range of cells for dates and
return a high and low date in one cell.
=TEXT(MIN($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")&" to "&TEXT(MAX($B9:$IV9),"mm/dd/yy")

My question is this: what do I use in place of mm/dd/yy formatting if I
want to compare a range of cells for a high & low number and want the
information returned to be a number rather than date?

Where can I see a list of valid formatting options (i.e. %, text, date,
accounting, $$, etc..)

Thanks!!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=text(today(),"mmmm")
will spell out the month.

=month(today())
will give 1 to 12

Thanks!!!

For completeness sake,

=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm")

will give you the 3-letter abbreviated month name.

Rick