Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comments - print at end of sheet

I've chosen to print some very small comments in my worksheet at the "end of
the sheet" by using the Page Setup options. The problem is that is does not
print the comment "at the end of the sheet"; it prints it on a separate page.
Is there anyway to cause the comment to print literally 'at the end of the
sheet'. (Btw, there is plenty of room for the comment lines to print.)
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:08:01 -0700 from Dal_Reta
:
I've chosen to print some very small comments in my worksheet at the "end of
the sheet" by using the Page Setup options. The problem is that is does not
print the comment "at the end of the sheet"; it prints it on a separate page.
Is there anyway to cause the comment to print literally 'at the end of the
sheet'. (Btw, there is plenty of room for the comment lines to print.)

Since you say "sheet", singular, I infer that the worksheet prints on
a single side of a single sheet of paper. In that case, View |
Headers and Footers and define your comment text as a custom footer.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stan,
Thank you for your reply and yes, the sheet does print on a single sheet of
paper as it is set up to do so. While your suggestion is a nifty
work-around, it really doesn't address why the MS option doesn't work 'as
advertised'. I do this type of thing a lot (read every day) so that's a lot
of putting a comment into a footer.

Does anyone else have any ideas?