RoterRuter

Default Finding the mode of text

I have a worksheet with several columns that are data validated text. I want
to find out which of the entries is used the most and have that entered into
the last cell of the column. With numbers, I just used the mode function.
Can I do find the mode of text? Thanks
Domenic

Try the following...

=INDEX(A1:A10,MODE(MATCH(A1:A10,A1:A10,0)))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"RoterRuter" wrote:

I have a worksheet with several columns that are data validated text. I want
to find out which of the entries is used the most and have that entered into
the last cell of the column. With numbers, I just used the mode function.
Can I do find the mode of text? Thanks

RagDyer

If there's a possibility that you might have blank cells in your range, try
this *array* formula:

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(MAX(COUNTIF(A1:A100,A1:A100)) ,COUNTIF(A1:A100,A1:A100),
0))

Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly
brackets, which *cannot* be done manually.
--

HTH,

RD