Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Default Hyperlink operation cancelled....

I've been using hyperlinks to navigate between worksheets.

I just started getting an error message "This operation has been canceled
due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator"

I was trying to set up a home wireless network between my desktop WinXP and
my laptop WinXP. It's not going well, which may compound my issue.

At the end of the frustrating day I opened this spreadsheet & found I can't
use my hyperlinks. I think I've undone all I did. I've searched several
discussion groups and can't find any references to this problem. If I move
the file to the laptop the hyperlinks work as created.

I apologize if this is the wrong discussion group, it's the only one I could
find hyperlinks in. If there is better one let me know and I'll move the
question.

Thanks for your help,

Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I found this info:

Links Do Not Work in Outlook, Outlook Express, Microsoft Word, Excel, IE
Explorer
Outlook, Outlook Express, Microsoft Word, Excel, IE Explorer, all can have
the same solutions so try all the suggestions on this page.
These are the most common solutions
Open Windows Explorer
Click Tools on the toolbar
Click Folder Options
Click File Types
Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol and select it
Click Edit ( Advanced ) depending on your Windows version
Select Open
Click Edit
Application used to perform this action" should read
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
double quotes.)
DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have: In Some
Cases You May Have To Uncheck DDE IF It Is Checked
#1:
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL
URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

on this page: http://rselby.net/links.htm#opercancel

I cant test it because I cant reproduce the error here at the moment