Pierre

Default When sending file via email, cannot paste Excel data into body of letter.

We share many files via email. To do this, I select the "send to" link
from the file dropdown, and indicate "mail recipient" to send it on its
way.

To save the recipient from having to open up the attached file to see
its contents, I'd like to paste about 40 rows of data (as a summary)
into the body of the resulting email dialogue box(and still send the
file). However, when trying to paste from the worksheet, Excel clears
the copied data from the clipboard, and it will not paste. It will,
paste however if I copy it to notepad first, but the resulting
formatting is not suitable.

TIA for any thoughts.

Pierre

(Outlook 2002, and Excel 2002 W2K Prof.)

Ron de Bruin

Hi Pierre

You can send the selection

Excel 2002 HOW TO: Use the "Send To" Menu Command to Send Worksheets and Workbooks as E-Mail in Excel

Try to use my Add-in for this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
Version 3 for Outlook you need

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Pierre" wrote in message oups.com...
We share many files via email. To do this, I select the "send to" link
from the file dropdown, and indicate "mail recipient" to send it on its
way.

To save the recipient from having to open up the attached file to see
its contents, I'd like to paste about 40 rows of data (as a summary)
into the body of the resulting email dialogue box(and still send the
file). However, when trying to paste from the worksheet, Excel clears
the copied data from the clipboard, and it will not paste. It will,
paste however if I copy it to notepad first, but the resulting
formatting is not suitable.

TIA for any thoughts.

Pierre

(Outlook 2002, and Excel 2002 W2K Prof.)

Pierre

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Hi Pierre

You can send the selection

Excel 2002 HOW TO: Use the "Send To" Menu Command to Send Worksheets

and Workbooks as E-Mail in Excel

Try to use my Add-in for this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
Version 3 for Outlook you need

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

<SNIP

Ron, You've located a way that it will work for me. Thank you for your
help.

Pierre