Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I enter a line at the foot of each page?

I am putting together a booklet of data which will be spread over 37 plus
pages. Whilst it is easy to get the column headings to repeat on each page, I
want to line to appear at the bottom of each page where the page break is
which will seperate the main data from an additional line of explanation I
have entered as a footer.

Whilst I am aware that I could use Print Preview and place lines at the
bottom of each row where the page break is, this will mean that any time I
insert a row, my lines will be thrown out. I have had a good look around the
help and cannot find anything, but it is something so straightforward that it
ought to be possible.

Suggestions welcome. I don't mind how I do it, as long as at the end of the
day I get my lines to move with the page breaks.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One method............

Set up a Custom Footer using the underscore _____

Takes about three and a half lines of underscore in dialog box to get a line
across a sheet from left to right margin.

Enter the rest of your custom footer below that by hitting Enter then inserting.

So you wind up with...........

__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Rest of footer here

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:37:00 -0700, Yellowbelly
wrote:

I am putting together a booklet of data which will be spread over 37 plus
pages. Whilst it is easy to get the column headings to repeat on each page, I
want to line to appear at the bottom of each page where the page break is
which will seperate the main data from an additional line of explanation I
have entered as a footer.

Whilst I am aware that I could use Print Preview and place lines at the
bottom of each row where the page break is, this will mean that any time I
insert a row, my lines will be thrown out. I have had a good look around the
help and cannot find anything, but it is something so straightforward that it
ought to be possible.

Suggestions welcome. I don't mind how I do it, as long as at the end of the
day I get my lines to move with the page breaks.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for this.

I can see how this would work if the footer options were not limited to 255
characters. My footer is around 180 characters, equating to a couple of lines
of text. Whilst I can get around 3 and half lines of underscore in, this only
produces a about a third of a line, as my pages are in landscape format.

So one method nearly works..... any others please?