Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Principal Amortization based on variable cash flows

Hi,
I am trying to build an amortization schedule that would help me determine
my bond borrowing capacity however it needs to be based on variable
semiannual payments versus leveled payments. Has anyone done that before and
has any suggestions on the formulas to use.
Thanks in advance.
Neda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Amortization tables are straightforward. You can find a template on the net, or
build your own. You need 5 columns: Period/Date, Opening Balance, Payment,
Interest, Closing Balance

In the Interest column, enter the formula which calculates interest for the
period (such as Opening Balance * Interest Rate / 2).

For the Payment column, enter the formula which determines the variable payment,
or manually enter the payment schedule.

Fred