Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hiding a Worksheet

I need to put a multi-worksheet Excel file on a network folder so others can
read it; however, I would like to "hide" one of the worksheets. Is there a
way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the sheet that you want to hide then from the menu:
Format | Sheet | Hide
But it can be unhidden using the same process.

To really hide it you can get into the VB Editor and use that to set the
sheet's visible property to xlVeryHidden which not only hides it but keeps it
from showing up in the list of sheets available to be unhidden.

"oceanmist" wrote:

I need to put a multi-worksheet Excel file on a network folder so others can
read it; however, I would like to "hide" one of the worksheets. Is there a
way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes,

Select the sheet

Format|sheet|hide but theres nothing to stop anyone going format sheet unhide.

You can do it slightly better in VBA

Sub stantiate()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden
End Sub

Doing it like this you can't now simply unhide it you have to resort to VB

The bottom line is while it can be done you do it because you don't want
people to see something and this about the most insecure way possible of
doing that.

Mike

"oceanmist" wrote:

I need to put a multi-worksheet Excel file on a network folder so others can
read it; however, I would like to "hide" one of the worksheets. Is there a
way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is a way to do this effectivley without resorting to VBA.
Just do as the guys suggest (Format|Sheet|Hide) then protect the workbook
with password (Tools|Protection).
That way, all the Format|Sheet options will be 'greyed out' to the user, so
your hidden sheet will be invisible.
There may be some reason why you do not wish to do Protect Workbook course.

Phil