Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbg jbg is offline

Default phone lists

I have a list of 240 names and numbers. lokking for a template for excel or
word that would allow me to search

JBG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
If search is all you want, is there a problem with xl's find function?

Regards
FSt1

"jbg" wrote:

I have a list of 240 names and numbers. lokking for a template for excel or
word that would allow me to search

JBG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
yes. this code will search all sheets. you will have to modify to fit your
data/sheets.
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Dim sStr As String
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim Rng As Range

Sheets("xlcode").Select
sStr = InputBox("Enter item to search for")
For Each SH In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If sStr < "" Then
Set Rng = Nothing
Set Rng = SH.Range("A1:IV65536").Find(What:=sStr, _
After:=SH.Range("A1"), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
End If
If Not Rng Is Nothing Then
SH.Activate
Rng.Select
MsgBox "Found on sheet " & SH.Name & " at cell " & _
Rng.Address

'Exit Sub
End If
Next SH