Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Max Value Across Worksheets Returning Sheet Name

I have a productivity spreadsheet, where I track the productivity
numbers for a number of individuals. Each worksheet ("tab" if you
prefer) is a different persons name.

Each tab has columns for: A: week#, B: time, items, C: errors, D:
items per hour, E: accuracy.

I know I can find the max value across the sheets by using:
=MAX('1st:End'!D3), but that doesn't tell me which person achieved
that number.

I'd be happy with it either returning the tab name, or the contents of
cell A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a macro:-

Sub marine()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
ws.Select
Maximum = Range("D3").Value
If Maximum Top Then
Top = Maximum
thename = ActiveSheet.Name
End If
Next ws
MsgBox ("The top seller with " & Top & " Units was " & thename)
End Sub

Mike