Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I keep excel from suppressing leading zeros as text

i am having a problem with Office 2007. It deletes leading zeros off of my
numbers stored as text. how can I make it stop doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start with ' before the 000's

"regntx" wrote:

i am having a problem with Office 2007. It deletes leading zeros off of my
numbers stored as text. how can I make it stop doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for the info, but it didn't work. I have tried custom formatting the
cells, and when I look at the data, it has the ' in front of the data. But,
when I go to save it in another file, .csv, it deletes the zeros everytime.

"rdwj" wrote:

Start with ' before the 000's

"regntx" wrote:

i am having a problem with Office 2007. It deletes leading zeros off of my
numbers stored as text. how can I make it stop doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a text editor to open that .csv to check it.

It's not the saving as a .csv file that caused the trouble. It's the reopening
in excel that's the problem.

regntx wrote:

thanks for the info, but it didn't work. I have tried custom formatting the
cells, and when I look at the data, it has the ' in front of the data. But,
when I go to save it in another file, .csv, it deletes the zeros everytime.

"rdwj" wrote:

Start with ' before the 000's

--

Dave Peterson