Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Everything equals zero

I have a workbook I have been using all day. All of the sudden, everything
equals zero. Well, anything with an equals sign in front of it that is.
(Except column B, that one is fine.)

I'm not sure examples are needed, but just in case:

=1+1 gives "0"
=A1 gives "0"
etc.

Anyone know why/How to fix this?
-Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on what you've mentioned, I'd suspect that your cell formatting has
been set to "0". Thus, yes, everything would in fact display as 0. Check
the Cell Formatting, and change to 0 (no quotes) or General, etc...

Another possibility to check, is make sure Automatic Calculations is turned
on.
TOOLS--OPTIONS--CALCULATION Tab--Check Automatic

HTH,
Elkar

"CWillis" wrote:

I have a workbook I have been using all day. All of the sudden, everything
equals zero. Well, anything with an equals sign in front of it that is.
(Except column B, that one is fine.)

I'm not sure examples are needed, but just in case:

=1+1 gives "0"
=A1 gives "0"
etc.

Anyone know why/How to fix this?
-Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know why anyone would do this, but check your cell formatting for
the affected columns. Try one cell first: Right-click the cell and select
properties. Under the Number tab, if somehow it is set for a custom format
of "0", then the result would be what you are seeing. It may be some other
formatting. Just try setting it to General.

HTH,
Paul

"CWillis" wrote in message
I have a workbook I have been using all day. All of the sudden, everything
equals zero. Well, anything with an equals sign in front of it that is.
(Except column B, that one is fine.)

I'm not sure examples are needed, but just in case:

=1+1 gives "0"
=A1 gives "0"
etc.

Anyone know why/How to fix this?
-Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Elkar. I actually checked both of those. I also closed and opened
the spreadsheet. Still nothing. Closing and opening it a third time however
fixed it. Maybe I wasn't patting my head at the right speed.