Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to format existing entry on a cell

I have an existing entry that (760) 725-5740 and I want to be type in as
7607255740 with deleting my existing entry and it will still show as (760)
725-5740.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

use<format<cell<number<custom (000) 000-0000
i will be a number but look like what you have (i assume you want the space
afetr the parenthsis).

"Maverick" wrote:

I have an existing entry that (760) 725-5740 and I want to be type in as
7607255740 with deleting my existing entry and it will still show as (760)
725-5740.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is a built in format in XL for phone numbers, exactly as you
described.

Select your cells to format, then:
<Format <Cells <Number tab,
Click on <Special, and then click on "Phone Number" in the right window.

--
HTH,

RD