Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Flip flopping columns and rows

I have a spreadsheet that has 1 row with 20 columns. I would like to make it
1 column and 20 rows, where A1 = A1, B1 = A2, C1 = A3, etc. Is there a way to
do this, maybe a macro or formula or something?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

copy the 20 columns. right click in (presumably) cell a2 Paste Special
Transpose

"GKW in GA" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has 1 row with 20 columns. I would like to make it
1 column and 20 rows, where A1 = A1, B1 = A2, C1 = A3, etc. Is there a way to
do this, maybe a macro or formula or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CopyPaste SpecialTranspose may be easiest.

Formula.............=INDEX($1:$1,ROWS($1:1)) entered in A2 and dragged down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP