Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default clipboard copy & paste

EXCEL: I used to be able to maintain the contents of the clipboard even
thought I closed Excel. That is I could copy. Close the Excel application,
(not just the worksheet) & then reopen the Excel application, open another
worksheet & then paste into it. Now I can't. I loose the contents of the
clipboard when I close the Excel application.
Help please. I need to close the Excel application b/n copy & paste because
of file linkages etc.
Thanks SAGknot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SAGknot,

Sorry, your clipboard is cleaned when you close Excel.

I need to close the Excel application b/n copy & paste because of file linkages etc.

No, you don't.

You just need to do the Copy and Paste differently. Describe what you think is the problem, how you
want it to work, and we'll teach you how to do it, with macros if needed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP