Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting cells

I have a column in Excel worksheet of sample labels (ex. MA06-2023). If I
try to globally replace the "MA06" with "06" the value is automatically
changed to a date format or calculated to some number value (Julian date?).
The cells are designated as text format and the format for the replaced value
is designated and text format. How do I make it stop doing this and replace
it with the values I want?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Use a leading apostrophe on the '06 replacement....it won't show on the sheet
but forces the TEXT format.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3