Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Aggregation...

Hi all- I'm trying bring together different two scoring systems with
different values. One is scored with a 100 point scale, subdivided into
sections of 40, 40, and 20 points. The second system is scored with a 70
point scale, divided into sections of 30, 21, 9. The sections of each system
are the same subject matter, just a different scoring scale- possible
solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It depends what you want to do but conversion from one to another is
straightforward multiplication & division.

Suppose some scores 35 on the 0 - 70 scale then to conver to the 0 - 100
scale use

100/70*35 = 50

and to convert the other way

70/100* 50 = 35

Mike

"Ted Buoy" wrote:

Hi all- I'm trying bring together different two scoring systems with
different values. One is scored with a 100 point scale, subdivided into
sections of 40, 40, and 20 points. The second system is scored with a 70
point scale, divided into sections of 30, 21, 9. The sections of each system
are the same subject matter, just a different scoring scale- possible
solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Mike- I could do a conversion but then I'd lose some of the integrity
of the results. It might be that I'm trying to aggregate apple and oranges
rather than different sized apples!