Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count Cells with numbers

Hi,

I want to Count the Cells with Numbers in it.
Or I want to count the Cells which are empty.
That doesn't matter which way.

For example from Cell B2 to ZZ2 I want to count
the empty cells. Does anybody know how to do it?

[I want to explain why i'm doing this. I've collected
Temperatures from many WeatherStations around the world.
The values are about over 100 years. But some Years
are missing and I want to exclude the Years which
has no Data, when I calculate the Meanvalue over all
stations.]

Yours,

Markus
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Butterbrot" wrote...
I want to Count the Cells with Numbers in it.
Or I want to count the Cells which are empty.

Try the COUNT function for the former. Try the COUNTBLANK function for
the latter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Harlan Grove"

I want to Count the Cells with Numbers in it.
Or I want to count the Cells which are empty.

Try the COUNT function for the former.

Thank you. That works. It is "Anzahl" in the German version :)