Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Row selection/highlighting

I don't know about the excel 2007......seems quirky and a bit unstable. In
fact, not only does it crash, but it doesn't recover....

Anyway, I'm trying to insert a row..I click on the left column to
highlight/insert and it keeps highlighting two rows instead of
one..crazy...is there some format feature enabled that is new to 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have merged cells ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"queenb" wrote in message ...
I don't know about the excel 2007......seems quirky and a bit unstable. In
fact, not only does it crash, but it doesn't recover....

Anyway, I'm trying to insert a row..I click on the left column to
highlight/insert and it keeps highlighting two rows instead of
one..crazy...is there some format feature enabled that is new to 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No...only text wrap-around...it's the craziest thing...I did notice some
group designations in the far left which seem to correlate with the cells
that are misbehaving. I generated this doc in excel 2003 and pasted to 2007
(orig. did not have groups). Possibly the file's integrity has issues. I just
selected all/data/ungroup/remove outline and I am good to go....

Thank you for your concern.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you have merged cells ?

--

"queenb" wrote in message ...
I don't know about the excel 2007......seems quirky and a bit unstable. In
fact, not only does it crash, but it doesn't recover....

Anyway, I'm trying to insert a row..I click on the left column to
highlight/insert and it keeps highlighting two rows instead of
one..crazy...is there some format feature enabled that is new to 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

oops...spoke to soon...found more rows with the same problem. Click to
highlight one cell, highlights the three rows below as well.

"queenb" wrote:

No...only text wrap-around...it's the craziest thing...I did notice some
group designations in the far left which seem to correlate with the cells
that are misbehaving. I generated this doc in excel 2003 and pasted to 2007
(orig. did not have groups). Possibly the file's integrity has issues. I just
selected all/data/ungroup/remove outline and I am good to go....

Thank you for your concern.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you have merged cells ?