Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to insert clip art into a cell and have it sortable

I want to be able to insert clip art into cells in column E, they will need
to remain in the specific cell they were in even after sorting. The cells in
column E are image examples of words in column A. So for example the image
inserted into E15 goes with the word in A15. I want them to still be in the
same row after sorting, or if I use the filter command.

When I insert clip art it doesn't seem to be even in the cell that was
selected when I went to insert.

Is this at all possible in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot insert an object into a cell.

Clipart sits on top of the cell as a layer.

You can achieve what you want if you format the clipart to "move and size with
cells"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:10:01 -0700, econ wrote:

I want to be able to insert clip art into cells in column E, they will need
to remain in the specific cell they were in even after sorting. The cells in
column E are image examples of words in column A. So for example the image
inserted into E15 goes with the word in A15. I want them to still be in the
same row after sorting, or if I use the filter command.

When I insert clip art it doesn't seem to be even in the cell that was
selected when I went to insert.

Is this at all possible in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And just to add to Gord's reply:

Make sure that object is entirely in the cell (or at least the row). Don't
overlap another row!

--

Dave Peterson