Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding duplicates within a column

I need to find duplicates within a column. I want it to say what is the
duplicate and the non duplicate to blank in column B.

A B
Dog Dog
Fish
Dog
Cat Cat
Rabbit
Cat
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cynthia

In B1
=IF(COUNTIF(A:A,A1)1,A1,"")
copy down column B as far as required.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Cynthia Amrit" <Cynthia wrote in
message ...
I need to find duplicates within a column. I want it to say what is the
duplicate and the non duplicate to blank in column B.

A B
Dog Dog
Fish
Dog
Cat Cat
Rabbit
Cat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi could someone help me with something similar, i have two sets of data and
i need to find duplicates please like the formula below but with a little
extra.

I have 2 different spreadsheets with some of the same account numbers on but
on one spreadsheet next to the account number is a unique id which is what to
stay next to the account number. Next spreadsheet has just account numbers
and i want to see if the account numbers match the account numbers with the ID
From spreadsheet A would be the account numbers and spreadhseet B would be
the account numbers and the correct ID numbers next to it, they cannot be
seperated as they are already in order if that makes sense.

If i use the formula below it correct the ones that match but i have a row c
with the account id's and they need to follow row B which is the correct
account number it is assigned too.

Hope this makes sense?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Cynthia

In B1
=IF(COUNTIF(A:A,A1)1,A1,"")
copy down column B as far as required.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Cynthia Amrit" <Cynthia wrote in
message ...
I need to find duplicates within a column. I want it to say what is the
duplicate and the non duplicate to blank in column B.

A B
Dog Dog
Fish
Dog
Cat Cat
Rabbit
Cat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I too need some help on something similar. I have three worksheets on each
of which there is a column with a cost centre code (up to 10 codes used) and
a column with a unique ID number. I need to find duplicates of the unique ID
number across the three worksheets. Eg if A1234 56789 appears on worksheet A
and also appears on either B or C or both.

Thanks in advance

"Matt" wrote:

Hi could someone help me with something similar, i have two sets of data and
i need to find duplicates please like the formula below but with a little
extra.

I have 2 different spreadsheets with some of the same account numbers on but
on one spreadsheet next to the account number is a unique id which is what to
stay next to the account number. Next spreadsheet has just account numbers
and i want to see if the account numbers match the account numbers with the ID
From spreadsheet A would be the account numbers and spreadhseet B would be