Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lost file I was splitting

I was splitting a large file into smaller files. Some how I evidently
deleted the original file I was splitting from. How can I find it?
Not in recylcle. Did a search and I just get the piece I cut.

TY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you most likely took a piece of it and overwrote the
original. If that's the case, then it is gone unless you made a backup copy
of it and kept that somewhere else before starting this adventure. Wish I
had better news - but if it is not in the recycle bin and search by original
name shows just a part, then I'm afraid the original is very likely gone
forever.