Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find and Replace

Hi all,

I don't have much experience with Excel so this is probably going to
be a dumb question. How do I find and replace a value for only one
column? For example, I want to find all the blanks in only column J
and replace them with the number 2000.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select that column and F5SpecialBlanksOK

In active cell enter 2000 then hit CTRL + ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:33:05 -0700, LLama wrote:

Hi all,

I don't have much experience with Excel so this is probably going to
be a dumb question. How do I find and replace a value for only one
column? For example, I want to find all the blanks in only column J
and replace them with the number 2000.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"LLama" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I don't have much experience with Excel so this is probably going to
be a dumb question. How do I find and replace a value for only one
column? For example, I want to find all the blanks in only column J
and replace them with the number 2000.

In general, if there is a selection (i.e. rows, columns or a block of cells
have been selected), then Find and Replace will work only on those selected
cells.