Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Basic Macro Help

I'm new to excel macros and I'm trying to create a sheet to summarize
another one. The sheet with the data is setup like is:
Col1 Col2 Col3
R1 x
R2
R3 x

Where an x exists I want to copy column and row names into the second
sheet, so it would show:
R1 Col1
R3 Col2

Now I could go about this manually, but I'm looking at 245 rows and 2
dozen columns and a automated solutions would be a lifesaver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 6, 3:42 pm, "
wrote:
I'm new to excel macros and I'm trying to create a sheet to summarize
another one. The sheet with the data is setup like is:
Col1 Col2 Col3
R1 x
R2
R3 x

Where an x exists I want to copy column and row names into the second
sheet, so it would show:
R1 Col1
R3 Col2

Now I could go about this manually, but I'm looking at 245 rows and 2
dozen columns and a automated solutions would be a lifesaver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

Problem solved, heres a chunk of the code in case anyone wants to
look:

For Each cur_cell In Worksheets("Business Events").Range("L2:AO10")
If (IsEmpty(cur_cell)) Then
'Empty cell, do nothing
Else
'Place of the current cell
f_col = cur_cell.Column
f_row = cur_cell.Row

f_team = Worksheets("Business Events").Cells(1, f_col).Value
f_be = Worksheets("Business Events").Cells(f_row, 3).Value

new_row = new_row + 1

End If
Next cur_cell