Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Messages posted today not being displayed

I'm finding that when I view the Excel newsgroups from the Web at

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us

I am unable to see any messages dated today. If someone knows how to fix
this, contact me at witchywomanmd AT comcast DOT net.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Barb,

It usually takes seven or eight minutes for a new post or reply to show up, but
the Microsoft Online Communities Web newsreader has been partially down
since about 11 A.M. Pacific time yesterday. Members can read old messages
and post new messages. Those messages will be forwarded to Usenet where
newsreaders can read them and we can reply, but the members of the Microsoft
Online Communities won't see their own questions, nor our replies until the
Microsoft Online Communities' Usenet feed enters articles into the Web
site's database again, or else until the Web application can successfully
query those new Usenet articles in the database again, whichever the case
may be.

The only solution is to use Outlook Express, and read the messages in the groups at
news.microsoft.com

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP