Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Excess

how to remove excess columns and rows?
other than Hide it or colour it?

any others way to remove, so that others cant see?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All worksheets have a fixed number of rows and columns (65536/256 in
version previous to XL07, more in XL07). If you delete one, one will be
added at the end.

What are you trying to do that hiding doesn't work?

In article ,
kyoshirou wrote:

how to remove excess columns and rows?
other than Hide it or colour it?

any others way to remove, so that others cant see?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will print up to the last used cell, which can
be found with Ctrl+End and is at the intersection
of the last used row and the last used column.

If the last cell is not where you think it should be you
may have to fix it, as Excel does not normally fix it
when it removes rows or columns but remembers
where it had gotten up to. Some information at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm

but if you want to fix the entire workbook, suggest using
the macro and don't even try to do this manually, see

Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?,
contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish. Warning: merged cells problems
-- a merged cell has content only in the upper left cell of a merged cell group
so you don't want you last cell to hit within a merged cell.

HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel