Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why open more than one Excel program to see more than one workbook

I want to be able to Alt-Tab between different workbooks, but in order to do
this I have to open the Excel program for each workbook.

Someone in another thread asked why do this since it would compromise
systems resources, but his question was not answered.

In MS Word I can Alt Tab between documents. Why doesn't Excel allow this?

I think earlier versions of Excel did allow you to Alt Tab between
workbooks, but 2003 does not.

Thanks for your help
--
stevemalee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Steve,

That doesn't have anything to do with Excel or any other program.
Alt+Tab is a Windows shortcut for navigating between any open
programs. I don't know it's full history but we have an old DOS based
program that doesn't have a minimise function and we use Alt+Tab
to minimise it.

Regards
Martin

"stevemalee" wrote in message
I want to be able to Alt-Tab between different workbooks, but in order to
do
this I have to open the Excel program for each workbook.

Someone in another thread asked why do this since it would compromise
systems resources, but his question was not answered.

In MS Word I can Alt Tab between documents. Why doesn't Excel allow this?

I think earlier versions of Excel did allow you to Alt Tab between
workbooks, but 2003 does not.

Thanks for your help
--
stevemalee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open all workbooks in one instance of Excel then CTRL + F6 to cycle through
workbooks.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 05:54:02 -0700, stevemalee wrote:

I want to be able to Alt-Tab between different workbooks, but in order to do
this I have to open the Excel program for each workbook.

Someone in another thread asked why do this since it would compromise
systems resources, but his question was not answered.

In MS Word I can Alt Tab between documents. Why doesn't Excel allow this?

I think earlier versions of Excel did allow you to Alt Tab between
workbooks, but 2003 does not.

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why open more than one Excel program to see more than one work

Thanks so much, it helps a lot to be able to "alt tab" -- I would never have
found this on my own.
--
stevemalee