Stephen Glynn

Default Time formats in Excel 2003

Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so
Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults
the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure
American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it
English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to
mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a
cell as a date.

Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me.

Steve
Earl Kiosterud

Stephen,

If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it will store it there, for
(somewhat) quick retrieval in the Custom box. Another workaround would be
to record a macro that formats the selection with your desired date/time
format, and activate it with your own toolbar button or keyboard shortcut.

--
Earl Kiosterud