orangeisnice

Default how to use cursor to move tables around in excel?

I can't move/choose the box by using cursor (right, left, up, down). I have
to click the box to choose one with mouse. when i use the cursor, the only
thing that move was the view and not the box.
CyberTaz

Turn off the Scroll Lock on your keyboard |:)

"orangeisnice" wrote:

I can't move/choose the box by using cursor (right, left, up, down). I have
to click the box to choose one with mouse. when i use the cursor, the only
thing that move was the view and not the box.

Gord Dibben

Turn off your Scroll Lock.

ScrLk button at top right of Function Keys.

BTW a "box" is commonly referred to as a "cell".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:35:05 -0800, orangeisnice
wrote:

I can't move/choose the box by using cursor (right, left, up, down). I have
to click the box to choose one with mouse. when i use the cursor, the only
thing that move was the view and not the box.

Gord Dibben

Earl

I assumed the left, right, up and down part meant the arrows keys.

Scroll lock enabled would move the sheet view not the cell selection whereas
he says he can point to a cell and select it.

Gord

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:54:59 -0500, "Earl Kiosterud"
wrote:

Gord,

Not sure, but I think OP means the active cell pointer.

--
Earl Kiosterud

.. .

wrote:

I can't move/choose the box by using cursor (right, left, up, down). I
have
to click the box to choose one with mouse. when i use the cursor, the only
thing that move was the view and not the box.

Earl Kiosterud

Gord,

So did I. If more folks would "talk the talk," they'd probably find it
easier to walk the walk! :)

--
Earl Kiosterud

wrote:

Gord,

Not sure, but I think OP means the active cell pointer.

--
Earl Kiosterud

. ..

wrote:

I can't move/choose the box by using cursor (right, left, up, down). I
have
to click the box to choose one with mouse. when i use the cursor, the
only
thing that move was the view and not the box.

tyoungs

Thank you for posting this. I have been struggling with this for days.
Thank you for the answers as well.

Why couldn't I find any reference to this in Help in the app itself?

Thanks again,
Tom

"orangeisnice" wrote:

I can't move/choose the box by using cursor (right, left, up, down). I have
to click the box to choose one with mouse. when i use the cursor, the only
thing that move was the view and not the box.

Gord Dibben

Tom

The Scroll Lock key is a global keyboard setting for all application, not just
Excel.

I guess the Excel developers never thought of adding it to the Help files.

Kinda like hitting the Caps Lock and everything is typed in UPPER CASE or
having the NumLock off and entering numbers on the NumPad moves the cursor
around or you pageup or pagedown.

Users are expected to notice things like that on their own.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP