Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is this Macro Doing? Please

Please does anybody knows what is this for? What is doing?

Do While ActiveCell.Value< ""
beginaddrs=ActiveCell.Address
endaddrs=ActiveCell.offset(0,35).Address
Application.ScreenUpdating=True

Thank you!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You haven't shown us all of the macro. A 'Do While' loop always has an End
statement associated with it and you haven't shown all the code down to that
point.

What you have shown us 'translates' to

As long as the currently active (selected) cell contains something
assign the variable named beginaddrs the address of that currently active
cell and
assign the variable named endaddrs the address of the cell that is 35
columns over to the right of the active cell and
turn the updating of the screen back on so that any changes that occur can
be seen

So, if the currently active cell is A1, beginaddrs would contain $A$1 and
endaddrs would contain $AJ$1
These could be used for lots of things such as a range to copy or delete or
alter some properties such as cell background color or font style, color,
etc. Without seeing the rest of the code, no way to determine what happens
after the two addresses are obtained.

"HERNAN" wrote:

Please does anybody knows what is this for? What is doing?

Do While ActiveCell.Value< ""
beginaddrs=ActiveCell.Address
endaddrs=ActiveCell.offset(0,35).Address
Application.ScreenUpdating=True

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a loop statement. Further down in the code there should be "LOOP".
In the first line, it states to loop as long as the cell value is not blank.
The next couple of lines simply set variables. The variables set to cell
addresses.

HTH,
Paul

"HERNAN" wrote in message
Please does anybody knows what is this for? What is doing?

Do While ActiveCell.Value< ""
beginaddrs=ActiveCell.Address
endaddrs=ActiveCell.offset(0,35).Address
Application.ScreenUpdating=True

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much for your response. yes this is part of a macro, but the
full macro is 31 pages. A lot of repetitions though. I will try to condense
the Macro first and then paste here or you think you can help me if I put the
whole Macro? for me would be great, but maybe is too much tell me.
This is very important to me, the person who create this macro left the
company and we want to know what this model is exactly doing.
Hernan

"HERNAN" wrote:

Please does anybody knows what is this for? What is doing?

Do While ActiveCell.Value< ""
beginaddrs=ActiveCell.Address
endaddrs=ActiveCell.offset(0,35).Address
Application.ScreenUpdating=True

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I rather doubt that the one single macro is 31 pages long - although it might
just be.

An individual macro starts with
Sub macroName()
or
Private Sub macroName()

and the individual macro(s) end with

End Sub

There can be many macros in a single code module, or if someone is recording
macros from the keyboard, there may be only one macro per code module.

What might be best, if the information/workbook, is not of such a nature as
to make it one you don't want someone else to have access to, would be if you
could email me and attach the entire workbook to the email. That would let
me take a look at the code and if it branches out and makes calls to other
routines within the code, those portions would be available for examination
also. Email address is (remove spaces) HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com

Hopefully your coder put some comments in the code to help decypher it -
while some things such as what you displayed here are self explanatory, often
comments help make the 'why' of a code segment more understandable.

No promises on a successful or complete translation/commenting, but I'm
willing to tackle pieces of it at least. 1500-200 lines of code is a lot to
deal with.