Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Checking whether a value in a list is present in a second list

I have two lists of values. Some of list A are in List B and I want a
formula to tell me which ones.

I would like it to return a value of PRESENT, NOT PRESENT for every
value in List A depending on whether it appears in B.

Can anyone help with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 1 Jun, 14:09, wrote:
I have two lists of values. Some of list A are in List B and I want a
formula to tell me which ones.

I would like it to return a value of PRESENT, NOT PRESENT for every
value in List A depending on whether it appears in B.

Can anyone help with this?

I may have found it -

=MATCH(C3,$E$3:$E$210,0)

If so I congratulate myself.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 1, 4:09 pm, wrote:
I have two lists of values. Some of list A are in List B and I want a
formula to tell me which ones.

I would like it to return a value of PRESENT, NOT PRESENT for every
value in List A depending on whether it appears in B.

Can anyone help with this?

=IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A2)0,"PRESENT","NOT PRESENT")

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=isnumber(match(a1,b:b,0))
will return True or false if A1 occurs in B.

=if(isnumber(match(a1,b:b,0)),"Present","Not Present")
would return those strings.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

I have two lists of values. Some of list A are in List B and I want a
formula to tell me which ones.

I would like it to return a value of PRESENT, NOT PRESENT for every
value in List A depending on whether it appears in B.

Can anyone help with this?

--

Dave Peterson

Many thanks - problem solved.