Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Query

I have a spreadsheet where we input a date when we had first communication
with a potential parent/student. I want the cell to change colors when 10
days have past with no contact. In other words I want to be "alerted" when
we did not follow up with a potential client. Please explain like you are
talking to a second grader because I am a novice user, but I can get it done
if given good directions.

Many thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
use conditional formating.
on the menu bar, click.....Formatcontitional formating.
when the coditional fomating box comes up.....
cell value is.......less than.......=now()-10
pick your format
click ok.

regards
FSt1
"Treza Blu" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where we input a date when we had first communication
with a potential parent/student. I want the cell to change colors when 10
days have past with no contact. In other words I want to be "alerted" when
we did not follow up with a potential client. Please explain like you are
talking to a second grader because I am a novice user, but I can get it done
if given good directions.

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a thought
you could do somthing like this
=IF(A1<NOW()-10,"GreaterThan10Days","")
or
=IF(A1<NOW()-10,"Client Alert","")
Copy and paste one of these codes into cell B1 and when Cell A1 Date value
is greater than 10 days you will see a message

"Treza Blu" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where we input a date when we had first communication
with a potential parent/student. I want the cell to change colors when 10
days have past with no contact. In other words I want to be "alerted" when
we did not follow up with a potential client. Please explain like you are
talking to a second grader because I am a novice user, but I can get it done
if given good directions.

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

High,

Try Conditional formatting (format - Conditional Formatting)

ChooseFormula is and in the box type

=TODAY() - A1 (the cell reference) = 10

Then click on format and choose your colour.

Finally use Format paimter to apply it to all the dates involved.

Hope this helps

Cheers