Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Writing Tool for Excel

I have been searching for a tool in Excel that allows the user to use
their mouse pointer as a pen to sign a part of the workbook, similar
to the Paint program. So far I have not been able to find anything,
does anybody know of something I can try?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Obviously Excel doesn't have that built in function, and I haven't heard of
any add-ins to provide it. But I can understand why: ever try writing your
name in Paint (or any other graphic program) using the mouse? Your check
will bounce, trust me.

If you want something that simply looks like a signature, try changing the
font in a cell and typing in the name. A font such as Benjamin or Brush
Script MT at about size 14-18 looks pretty good.

" wrote:

I have been searching for a tool in Excel that allows the user to use
their mouse pointer as a pen to sign a part of the workbook, similar
to the Paint program. So far I have not been able to find anything,
does anybody know of something I can try?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi again,
I just remembered. years ago when i was an ISO9000 adminsitrator, we had to
"sign" all our electronic documents. I signed a blank piece of paper, it was
scanned in .tif format. but i suppose any format would do. we all had a
floppy with our tif sig as it was slangly called so that we could drop our
signatures on our word documents. I suppose a simalar technique would work
for excel.

regards
FSt1

" wrote:

I have been searching for a tool in Excel that allows the user to use
their mouse pointer as a pen to sign a part of the workbook, similar
to the Paint program. So far I have not been able to find anything,
does anybody know of something I can try?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's one way to do it. We actually used that method to 'sign' some Excel
worksheets in a project I did for the SBC Corp back before the turn of the
century. They were not legally binding document - the 'signature' acted both
as an assurance that the package was complete and supposedly the person whose
graphic appeared on the sheet was the one who completed it. Remember that
graphics can be lifted off of the sheet and copied onto other systems for
'forging' later.