Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Automatically locking sheets after power outage

I just had a quick power outage, and now everytime I create a new
spreadsheet, Excel is automatically locking it so I can't go in and
change/add information. Can anyone help me figure out how to make it
stop?

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did your spreadsheet accidentally get checked as "Read Only Recommended"?
Do a "Save as" TOOLS (click drop down box) General Options uncheck "Read
Only Recommended" and save under a new name. Just a possibility.

" wrote:

I just had a quick power outage, and now everytime I create a new
spreadsheet, Excel is automatically locking it so I can't go in and
change/add information. Can anyone help me figure out how to make it
stop?

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

" wrote:
I just had a quick power outage, and now everytime I create a new
spreadsheet, Excel is automatically locking it so I can't go in and
change/add information. Can anyone help me figure out how to make it
stop?

Pat- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help, but it wasn't that. In any case, I realized that
the password to access the sheets had to be blank, so I can at least
edit my work until I figure out how to turn this off.