Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically delete blank rows

I need to delete every second row in my spreadsheet - the rows are blank.
There are 30,000 rows so I don't want to do it manually - is there an easy
way to delete every second (or every blank) row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apply a filter to the first column (DataFilterAutofilter), and then filter
it by a value of Blanks, then select all the rows where the row number is
blue, and delete them. Remove the filter and voila.

--
HTH

Bob

"Tinkerbell1178" wrote in message
I need to delete every second row in my spreadsheet - the rows are blank.
There are 30,000 rows so I don't want to do it manually - is there an easy
way to delete every second (or every blank) row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Tinkerbell1178" wrote in message
I need to delete every second row in my spreadsheet - the rows are blank.
There are 30,000 rows so I don't want to do it manually - is there an easy
way to delete every second (or every blank) row?

Take a parallel column and insert the number 1 in the first cell. On the
following cell below insert the number 2. Use copy and paste to insert 1 and
2 into each successive cell (this won't take too long as each time you copy
and paste you'll be copying double the number of cells you copied the
previous time.) Keep going till all 30,000 cells in your column have a 1 or
a 2 in going in the order 1,2,1,2,1,2 etc.

Then do a 'sort' on the spreadsheet by that column so that all the 1's come
first and the 2's come second. Voila.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In case you want it frequently try to record the macro of your action as
suggested.

BTW if you want to do with others addins, you may download my "workbook
navigation" add-ins from below site from addins page.

http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

See Image, more info in above site.

Regards,

Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Excel Add-ins Page)

"Tinkerbell1178" wrote:

I need to delete every second row in my spreadsheet - the rows are blank.
There are 30,000 rows so I don't want to do it manually - is there an easy
way to delete every second (or every blank) row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a column and F5SpecialBlanksOK.

EditDeleteEntire Row.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP