-   -   how to give the source value for a combobox on excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144364-how-give-source-value-combobox-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Jithu

how to give the source value for a combobox on excel spreadsheet

Can you please tell me how to get the values (source) in the drop down of a
combo box when the combo box is created on the sheet.(i know how to do this
when the combo box is in a user form)

Thanks
in advance
jithu

Bob Phillips

how to give the source value for a combobox on excel spreadsheet

Right-click the control, select the Control tab, and enter the Input Range.

--
HTH

Bob

"Jithu" wrote in message
Can you please tell me how to get the values (source) in the drop down of
combo box when the combo box is created on the sheet.(i know how to do
this
when the combo box is in a user form)

Thanks
in advance
jithu

Dave Peterson

how to give the source value for a combobox on excel spreadsheet

Bob gave you instructions if you used the dropdown (aka combobox) from the Forms
toolbar.

If you used the combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar, click the design mode
icon (also on that control toolbox toolbar).

Then rightclick on the combobox and choose properties.
Look for ListFillRange and type in the address.