Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding hours and minutes in a column

=TEXT(B9-A9,"h:mm") This is the formula I'm using to record the down time.
What can I use to add up the column for a total hrs and minutes?
We might run 24 hrs for a whole week.

Any help would be appreciated,

Fly Boy 5
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do arithmetic on times, but not text. If you want to do arithmetic, then
don't convert to text.

1. Change your formula to: =b9-a9
2. Format as h:mm
3. Now you can add the column. If the column can total more than 24 hours, use a
format of [hh]:mm

Fred

"Fly Boy 5" wrote in message
=TEXT(B9-A9,"h:mm") This is the formula I'm using to record the down time.
What can I use to add up the column for a total hrs and minutes?
We might run 24 hrs for a whole week.

Any help would be appreciated,

Fly Boy 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc