Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Naviation between worksheets

I have a workbook with many reports, charts, and more, each one on a
different worksheet. I want to know how can i make a header, made in only one
worksheet, so that it can be visible on all worksheets (like a floating
window), when i navegate through them? This way, i will see the title and
buttons avaiable in that header/window on all worksheets i have, without
having to copy the same header and objects to all worksheets (what is
impossible, due to the amount of memory the images and buttons in the header
would use). I don't want to print this worksheets with this header, I just
want to "see" (and use) this header on top of all worksheets in this
workbook. Then, if i made any change on that header (what happens
frequently), i would do this only once, and it would be avaiable to the
entire workbook.

My main objective with this header is navigation between worksheets.

What i really want is a floating window for navigation. I tryed this once
with a userform, floating above my worksheets, but the problem was to resize
it to fit the diferent screen resolutions. When i did this some objects and
images became weird. I'd like to do this using a floating worksheet, like a
new window with the AlwaysOnTop property 'true'. I know there is no
AlwaysOnTop property for windows, but that's what best describes what I want
to do, as windows resize ok (no problems with images and other objects with
different ZOOMs).

I'm using Excel 2003 and Windows XP SP2.

Thanks. And, sorry for the poor english.

Glauco.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It looks to me like you need to create a toolbar which loads on opening the
workbook and closes when the workbook is closed using either auto_open and
auto_close or events.
See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm for information on events.

The Mr Excel Programming book describes how to create toolbars so you will
probably find something on that at the following:-
http://www.mrexcel.com/articles.shtml#Menus

"Glauco" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Personally, I'd put the headers on each of the worksheets and then use:

Window|Freeze panes to make sure that they're always visible when I scroll up
and down my data.

(I'd leave off any and all shapes/objects/pictures that eat too much memory.)

=======
If that doesn't work for you, maybe you could use:
Window|new window
then
window|arrange|horizontal
and resize the windows so that the header is visible in the top window.

===
I'm not sure what you're doing with the navigation, but maybe creating a
floating toolbar that does that navigation would work for you????

--

Dave Peterson