-   -   Cannot Access File - May be Encrypted (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144269-cannot-access-file-may-encrypted.html)

IanC

Cannot Access File - May be Encrypted

I am having opening a file, receiving the message "Cannot Access <filename.
Document may be read only or encrypted.

The file in question was originally created in XP, and has now been opened
and saved in 2003. I can open it without problems on the PC where it was
first opened and saved, but if I then save it through a home-based network to
the hard drive of my other PC, that PC receives the message mentioned above.

There is no encrption or security on the file.

KMG

Cannot Access File - May be Encrypted

I am having the same problem after attempting to mail merge. Now I am locked
out. Please help. ONLY file that has these particular addresses.